Village at north-western foot of Badacsony along the Balaton long-distance road. Larger part of the village of 940 inhabitants saves the rustic character of the area even today.
Nobles possessing one hide of land lived here in the Middle Ages, then the village received the name Noble Tördemic specifying the social state of its inhabitants.
The village survived the destruction of Turkish wars, till 1848 it remained a village of nobles. Badacsonylábdihegy belongs to the outskirts of the village which developed from a Badacsony vineyard to a resort place with a wonderful panorama.
Main sight of the village is the hill. Almost each tourist visits the Rodostó house built on the 200th anniversary of Prince Rákóczi II’s death and almost everybody takes the challenge to climb the 379 steps of Bujdosók (‘Refugees’), which leads to the look-out tower of Tördemic. The footraces organized on the steps are very popular. Outstanding events: the patronal festival on Ignatius’ day at the beginning of August and the Village Days before Saint Stephen’s day. In summer veteran motorists hold their meeting here. The season ends with the patronal festival on Michael’s day.
In summer the community centre awaits visitors with high standard exhibitions. Hikers can get to the sights on marked hiking paths. The ‘Blue sign’ hiking path starts from the railway station and joins the paths of Badacsony on the hill. Going westwards on the blue sign you can get to Szigliget castle, from here the path goes to the St. György hill. One can go for a pleasant walk on the ‘road of Romans’ (Római route) from Badacsonylábdihegy to Badacsonytomaj.